Sometimes, marriages don’t workout for various reasons. That’s when you want to end it. Annulment & divorce are two ways for it. So, what is annulment exactly?
Marriages are the union of two souls, where not only two individuals unite but also their families.
In marriage the bride and the groom takes vows to be together in good and bad times, to support each others in each and every step of life.
As some of the basic elements which are required to make a marriage successful includes sharing common interests, communicating on a regular basis.
Appreciating each other, showing each other love and affection, embracing intimacy, to be honest with each other and also trusting each other on every testing basis.
But when all the above things doesn’t fall into proper places in a marriage or even one of them is absent or lack commitment then no one can save that marriage.
The best outcome of a marriage is the life long togetherness between the couples
And the worst outcome comes in two form “Divorce “ and “Annulment”, and both the methods that separates the married couples, and it’s a matter to imagine that what can be so wrong between the couples that they go for divorce and annulment.
There are many people who only know about divorce and they are unaware of annulment, and they only know that there is only one way by which one can end a marriage that is divorce.
They don’t know what is annulment? And what it is all about? What are the process and procedure of taking an annulment, how does an annulment is given to the couples and how does it differs from the divorce.
So, let’s see what is annulment and how it differs from a divorce:
- An annulment of marriage is a legal way to declare that the marriage was null or void, annulment is granted when the court finds that the marriage was invalid due to some of the reasons.
- While divorce ends a legal marriage which was valid, but annulment treats the marriage as it never existed.
- Annulment is granted by the court on some of the grounds like bigamy, forced consent, fraud, mental illness, mental incapacity, inability to consummate marriage, underage marriage etc.
- But a divorce is granted or given to the couples if any of the couple is having an adultery like having an extramarital affair with some other during marriage, desertion, physical/emotional/sexual abuse etc.
- The major difference between divorce and annulment is, in annulment they prove it that the marriage never existed so there will be no other issues to deal with, as it will be a total full stop to the relationship.
- But in the case of divorce there will an involvement of your ex-spouse for years to come for the issues like support, property division or may be raising their children.
- The other major difference between marriage and annulment is the tag of marital status, as when couples are given divorce then they are termed and called as divorcee, but in the case of annulment the scenario is totally different, as the couples who are annulled they are termed as single or unmarried.
- The time frame of both the legal decree is different as in divorce it can take months or years to finalize, but in the case of annulment, it is rather quick than a divorce, as there is certain time period given from the time of issuing of marriage certificate, as an when the court believes that if one of the reasons for annulment is valid, then they find it easy to declare that the marriage never really existed and it is void.
- Annulment do not require the parties to formally separate with each other before perusing the dissolution of their marriage but in the case of a divorce the lawyer if both the parties need to show that you and your spouse have been separated for a period of six months or one year if the separation is not mutually agreed upon.
Marriage is responsible for the union of two beings and also the union of two souls, it is meant to be forever and carried on with the true spirit but due to some of the odd reasons it doesn’t work all the time and leads to the collapse of the marriage.
And we follow ways to make our ways to separate from marriage and also from our partner and annulment and divorce are the only legal ways of separation.
So, when you wonder what is annulment and should you get either a divorce or annulment, make sure to discuss it with your family, friends and a legal counselor.
And for more updates and marriage issues visit Anniversary Roses.