A romantic relationship always begins with infatuation, passion and sleepless exciting nights. Love just feels so perfect..
If you have ever been in a relationship that is stable and wonderful and then you move to a relationship that is unhealthy it might be easier, but if unhealthy relationship are all you have ever known you might not are all you have ever known you might not realize just how great a stable relationship can be.
Let’s explore some signs of an unhealthy relationship so that you can check it out that if you are in one or not.
- Taking each other for granted– One of the clearest signs of an unhealthy relationship is that your partner taking are constantly taking you for granted.
- Dishonesty and secrecy– Do you cover up a lie with half truths even if it’s something as trivial or do you have a secret crush on someone and you avoid talking about it with your spouse. Whatever it may be you should talk about it and you will see how much close both of you can get.
- Desires and expectations– Do you have any secret expectations from your partner, something that you haven’t told him/her about. Expectations in love are good but only when they are communicated and realistic.
- Lack of respect– In happy relationship both partner should respect each other and keep each other satisfied but they avoid speaking ill of each other shortcomings.
- Unhealthy jealousy– Are you jealous of your partner? sometimes there might be few things about your partner that you envy like their high paying job. Envy isn’t always bad, but if it turns into jealousy then it’s the sign of unhealthy jealousy in love.
- Insecurity– Insecurity is common at the start of new relationship but in unhealthy romance, insecurity prevails all the time, even when the relationship flies fast the infatuation stage.
- Competition– When you feel powerless or small in a relationship,it feel like you don’t have a huge role to play your love could turn to a power struggle to prove you are the boss.
- Controlling streak– A controlling person is just not cut out for a happy relationship, unless they make the effort to change and it isn’t about being dominating by one partner. If one partner takes most of the decisions then it’s surely a bad thing.
By taking care of these things we can make our relationship healthy.